Monday, February 28, 2011

My Huckleberry Friend



Last night I finished reading the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for school, and except for a few parts (namely Tom Sawyer being absolutely ridiculous towards the end) I really really loved it. 

"To be, or not to be; that is the bare bodkin"

Ah man, Mark Twain was a pretty hilarious guy

Speaking of hilarious. I'm in the process of reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, and even less than a quarter of the way through it, it's already one of my favorite books. If you haven't yet, you need to read it. As Helena and I were discussing today, his writing style is so different than a lot of what's out there. That makes this book super fun to read.





Today was also a very lucky day for thrifting. I got a pair or black hightop converse, a sheer/floral blouse, and a beautiful teacup all for 6.50! That was an especially great deal considering that I was planning on buying the exact same shoes new, probably for about $40 (plus these are already a little beat up, which I'm happy about- they look better that way). I'll try to get some pictures of the things I bought up soon.

Outfit Deatails:
Lace Dress- Target ($5)
Cardigan- Thrift Store ($4 or $6...I can't remember)
Belt- Thrift Store ($1)
Loafers- Thrift Store ($1)
Necklaces- Josh :)
Eyeball Ring- Thrift Store ($3)
Bunny Ring- Ebay ($6-ish)

Last thing. I have two followers! This is big news for me, so thank you so much!!!

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment