Monday, June 27, 2011

Thrift Favorites: Edition 1

Good afternoon, everyone! I'm very excited to finally share the first edition of the new feature I've been planning! Thrift Favorites will be a weekly or every-other weekly feature in which I ask several bloggers to share one of their favorite thrifted finds with you. These first three ladies are some of my very favorite bloggers, and I'm thrilled that they participated! They're all so sweet, and their styles (as well as their finds) are amazing! I have no end of good things to say about these three. So without further ado, here are Miranda, Laura, and Maria!

.......................................................................................................................

First up is Miranda of Little Gold Pocket Watch! As well as being very kind, she's got the cutest style, the best photos, and the prettiest eyes! And I'm sticking to my guns with my opinion that she could be a model. She's a natural in front of the camera!- always smiling, never looking at all awkward. I wish I could say the same for myself :) You can see her complete outfit post here. Isn't she adorable?!



"There's a consignment shop in town that I've fallen in love with and I've bought several cool thrifted pieces there. This little black dress is my favorite! When I first saw it, it was about $50, and I just couldn't spent that much money on a used dress. I accepted that the dress would never be mine... but the next time I came to the shop, there it was, right in the middle of the sale rack! And it was only $11! Just another reason to love it :) "

.......................................................................................................................

Next is Laura of Blorange Dice. When I first found her blog, I loved it immediately! She feels very real to me...if that makes sense. There's just something very natural about her, her photos, and her blog! And the colors and color combinations I see on her blog always make me wish I could paint so I could use her color schemes in a piece of art. She's very easy to talk to and always has something sweet to say. Her kind comments are one of the things that made me love blogging as much as I do. :) Make sure you check her out!


"While there is no way on the planet that I could ever choose one, single favorite thrifted item out of my closet, this crop top is among one of the many that I love. I think I got it last summer for like two $2. I love pairing it with high waisted shorts like the ones I'm wearing (also thrifted) and long, flowy skirts! No matter how much money I may ever end up acquiring in the future, I will never stop thrifting. There's something beautiful/addicting about the search, the price, and the originality of the stuff that has made me a thrifter for life!"

.......................................................................................................................

And last, but never least is Maria of First Impressions. I am constantly blown away by her talent in....well, everything she does! She is one of the sweetest people I've ever (sort of) met, and her outfits and pictures are always so whimsical and beautiful! I wish I could have had her knack for things when I was her age! I predict great things for this one's future :) Keep an eye out for her!

(Also, I ask for a couple of pictures and she gives me a whole outfit post! :D How great is she? Thanks for going above and beyond, Maria.)












"The question Victoria asked for this feature, "What is your favorite thrifted find?" is such a tough question. So much of what I wear is thrifted, but to pick one single solitary favorite? It was difficult, but I decided that these tawny vintage heels are most definitely my favorite. They're incredibly versatile and go with almost everything. The heels are shorter, so I can wear them more comfortably for longer periods of time. And they're just pretty comfy in general. You can see how I've worn them in other ways: herehereherehere, and here.

P.S. And may I also mention that the gorgeous floral crown I'm wearing was made for me by Victoria? Isn't she the sweetest? ♥"

.......................................................................................................................

Thank you three so much for participating! This was my first time making any real effort to talk to any other bloggers, and I had so much fun with it! It was great to meet these lovely people, and I can't wait to meet more of you! I hope you enjoyed, and don't forget to stop by their blogs! I swear that you won't be disappointed in the least!

Love, 
Victoria


6 comments:

  1. YOU ARE THE BEST!!! thanks so much for including me and just being wonderful (: love the way this post turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely finds! These ladies all look wonderful!
    I'm really getting into thrifting again. I used to do it a lot when I was a teenager and then stopped. But since I moved to Berlin, I just love it! There are sooo many flea markets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring me!! This feature is a really good idea. I hope to see more in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks so much! :) I can't wait to see more editions of this feature. :)

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post: THRIFT STORES ARE THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete